Saturday, August 18, 2012

33:11. I Am Awesome. I Need New Sneakers.

I shaved 30 seconds off today and that makes me happy :)  I started the sprints at 7's, increased to 7.5's, 7.7's and finally 8's.  8 is FAST!  But I think I can do more of those next time.  If I get to run outside tomorrow my goal will be simply to reach 3.1 miles, outside, in the heat, with hills and whatnot.  Fingers crossed I get to do this!

Another thing I need to do is get to a running store & get fitted for some real sneakers.  The ones I've been running in are taking a toll on my body, and it's getting pretty sad.  I am now missing part of a toe due to a blister incident.  The short of it is:  There was a blister.  It popped.  There was a flap of skin.  I went to remove said flap of skin.  There is now a gaping hole in my toe.  Very painful.  And I'm having some aches and pains in my feet, knees and back, all of which I am sure are related to the $20 sneakers I am wearing.  So to Fleet Feet in Marlton I go!  Hopefully!  I've been saying this for over a week now, and every day it just gets too late to go.  But I NEED new sneakers and I have to get something that can hold my inhaler and a cell phone while I run, preferably on a wrist or anywhere else besides a fanny pack-ish thing.

So, to recap this fantastically long blog entry:  I am awesome.  I need new sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment